30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 1 – A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
Oh my, I’m not a big fan of pictures of myself, but here you go:
The above picture is of the kid and me, back in March. It was right around her birthday and a local Mexican restaurant hosted a dinner with Spongebob, one of the kid’s favorite cartoon characters. She insisted I get a heart painted on my face so we could both look “pretty”. LOL Afterwards I remember going to CVS to pick up a prescription and was wondering why the pharmacist was looking at me weird…I had completely forgotten I had a heart on my face. Oh well. LOL ‘Tis the life of a parent, right?
As for 15 interesting facts about myself…this is going to be tough because I don’t think I’m all that interesting! Despite that, here goes nothing:
- I used to be painfully shy when I was in elementary school. It was so bad that I had no friends in my first grade class, because I wouldn’t approach anyone. If you met me today, you’d have no clue how shy I used to be, because now I’m pretty outgoing.
- I have had the same best friend my entire life. She is a year older than me and when I was a baby she would sneak out of her backyard and go next store to my grandparents so she could see me. Her and I used to fight almost daily and we even didn’t speak for a whole year, but today our bond is stronger than ever. She is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. Faced with all sorts of issues (a mom with MS, she has Lupus, etc), she still remains one of the happiest, most positive people I know. I admire her greatly for that.
- I am deathly afraid of snakes. Yes I know the majority of snakes won’t hurt me, but that has nothing to do with my fear. I hate the way they look and they slither. It freaks me right out. It is so bad that when I go into the reptile house, at the zoo, I have to force myself not to hyperventilate, even though my back is turned to them and I’m looking at the alligators. I also won’t go into any pet store that sells them thanks the the time that I got cornered in one by an employee who was walking around with one around her neck. They had to get her to move to the back so I could literally run out the store.
- I’m not a huge fan of the dark. To the point where I sleep with my TV on mute so I don’t have to sleep in a dark room. I think it’s partly because I have an extremely active imagination that tends to run wild on a regular basis.
- I do not like the food on my plate to touch. Sometimes there are exceptions, but as a general rule, I think it is disgusting. I know, I know “it all goes in the same place”, but in my defense, it does not taste the same when eating it. It’s just a fact. Deal with it. 😛 LOL I will never, ever, understand those people who go to salad bars and pile cottage cheese and spaghetti salad on their regular salad with Italian dressing. Can you say gross? LOL
- I have Narcolepsy and no it is nothing like how they portray it in Duece Bigalow. LOL I was diagnosed about 1 1/2 years ago when I realized that I was falling asleep anytime I was driving for more than 15 mins (talk about dangerous). I’d also be at my computer at work nodding off, not to mention doing everything I could to stay awake during meetings at work. If I was that tired I would even find myself falling asleep in the middle of a conversation with someone. That was not even remotely like me, so after talking with the doctor I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy. I now take medication that keeps me awake, for the most part. LOL
- I am scared of dying. I believe in God and I believe in Heaven, but there is just something about the idea of no longer living my life that freaks me out.
- It is a dream of mine to travel to Ireland, London, Paris, Rome, Athens, Australia, Cozumel, and I’m sure I could come up with more after that. I’m hoping I’ll get to go t at least half of those places before I die.
- I love to speak in front of people. I’ve been doing it since I was young and have grown to really enjoy it. Don’t get me wrong, every time I get up to speak, present, etc. I’m nervous as all hell, but it is also one of the biggest adrenaline rushes I’ve ever had. I just love the feeling it gives me.
- I firmly believe that my parents are better off divorced and am okay that it happened. If it wasn’t for their divorce I wouldn’t have my wonderful step-families in my life.
- For those of you who don’t know, my maiden name is Brodeur. There is a peninsula in Canada named Brodeur Peninsula, after one of my ancestors.
- For you hockey fans out there, I’ve been told that Martin Brodeur, goalie for the New Jersey Devils, is a distant cousin of mine. Not that I’ve ever met him. LOL Hear that Martin?!? I want hockey tickets! 😉 LOL
- I love football and am addicted to playing Fantasy Football. The first few years I played with my hubby and now I’ve branched out and gotten my own team.
- I am fiercely protective and loyal to my friends and family. Don’t you mess with them, because you’re messing with me too.
- I learned to read before I was in Kindergarten and haven’t stopped since.
Well there you go! Not sure how interesting all 15 facts our, but they are the best I could think of! LOL
So now that I’ve introduced myself, how about you? I’d love for you to introduce yourself in the comments and tell me a few interesting facts about you! 🙂