So You Think You Can Dance – Top 20
So the top 20 were picked on SYTYCD last night and I have to say that, for the most part, I’m pleased with the choices. Below are some of my thoughts on the contestants:
- Iveta (Ballroom) – I just don’t get her appeal. I find her odd looking and I was not a fan of her “cop” performance. I’m not a prude, but all she needed to do was remove her clothes and it would’ve been the perfect stripper routine. It’s good to be sexy, but that was WAY over the top. I think what bothers me is that she seemed to rely on her sex appeal, instead of her talent. It left a bad taste in my mouth. Am I alone in this thought?
- Jess (Broadway) – He was one of my favorites since his audition, but I lost track of him during Vegas week. I was happy to see he had made it! I think he’s going to be a good contestant for the show.
- Jordan (Jazz) – Now here is someone who dances sexy, but doesn’t go too far with it. I think she’s extremely talented and am glad to see she made it to the top 20.
- Melanie (Contemporary) – One of my top 2. I just love her! She comes off as really sweet and she is an amazing dancer to boot!
- Nick (Tap) – I have to admit that I don’t remember him at all until last night. LOL However, his performance with Jess was awesome! It made me happy that I’ll get to see more of him in the coming weeks.
- Robert (Hip-Hop) – Awesome dancer, fun personality…I’m excited to see how he’s going to do throughout the season.
- Ryan (Contemporary) – The other person in my top 2. I was so disappointed when she didn’t make it last year! I’m so glad she came back and made the top 20!
- Sasha ( Contemporary) – Her and her sister we so much fun to watch the past 2 weeks. They are both amazing dancers and their relationship is adorable. I was sad to see that her sister didn’t make it, but I’m so glad she did.
- The Professor (Hip-Hop) – Forgive me because I don’t remember his real name. LOL I’m so upset that he didn’t make it this year. He was a great dancer and seemed like a really great guy on top of it. I really hope he comes back next year.
I just want to say that I think it was awesome that they announced the genres together and then had the contestants dance live. It was a great way to keep the people dancing fresh in the audiences mind. Plus all of the dances were AMAZING. Especially Travis Wall’s contemporary piece. He is fast becoming my all time favorite choreographer on the show. Which reminds me…where the heck is Mia?!? Love her work too.
Because I loved Travis’ piece so much here it is:
So those are my thoughts on last night…what areyours? Are you happy with the top 20? Who do you love or hate? Share in the comments below! 🙂