Nicknames you have; why do you have them, Day 19 of my 30 day blog challenge
Okay I have to admit I’m not the biggest fan of this question. LOL But none-the-less here we go…
1. “Lease” – Not sure how to spell it, but that’s how it sounds when people shorten my name. LOL
2. Baby Doll – What my late Papa used to call me. This is the one nickname I have to admit that I miss. Love and miss you Papa.
3. Poopsie or Poopsie Doopsie – My Gran calls me this. It’s a lot less frequent than when I was a kid, but every once in awhile it slips out. I have no idea where this nickname came from, but for obvious reasons, I’m not very found of it. LOL
5. Lee – Haven’t been called this in many years, but some of my elementary school friends used to call me this.
6. Fritos – This has a long and embarassing story to go with it. A group of girls I used to work with (we no longer work together, but remain friends) started calling me this the first year I worked with them. Back then we used to work in this small area that was cut off from most of the company and people would occasionally walk around with no shoes on. I normally didn’t, but one day I was wearing shoes that were killing my feet. I walked up to my friend Shawna’s desk, where her and our friend Stephanie were working on something together, and one of them declares “Have you ever noticed how stinky feet smell like Fritos?”. It was all over from there. From that day forward I was known as Fritos. LOL The worst thing is for at least 4 of the years I had this nickname I actually thought my feet had smelled that day. Come to find out they didn’t smell at all, they were just giving me shit. *shakes fist in mock annoyance* Since finding that out, I’ve become more comfortable and have grown to like the nickname, just because it comes from a group of girls that I love to death. I’m now even refered to as Auntie Fritos to 2 of the girl’s kids. LOL To be honest, this nickname is not THAT bad. Some of the other girls have nicknames like Short Bus and Sweat Pig…so it really could be worse. (Neither of these nicknames come from the obvious…btw. LOL)
7. Freets – Yes, ladies and gentleman, my nickname Fritos also has a nickname. LOL When the girls don’t want to call me Fritos, it gets shortened to Freets.
8. Button Pusher – What the development team I worked with 2 companies ago jokingly called me. They would always give me a hard time saying that the only thing I did was push a button (a very small part of my job was pushing a button to deploy code to our QA environment). They thought they were amusing…frankly I did too. LOL To this day they are the best development team I have ever worked with.
I think that’s it as far as nicknames are concerned.
Edited to add: I stand corrected! My wonderful friend, Noelle (aka Geek) has been kind enough to remind me that I forgot our shared nickname that started in high school…geek. I don’t know how or why we started calling each other geek, but there you have it. LOL Sorry for forgetting Noelle! 😉
Since I’ve shared with you, why don’t you tell me yours? What have people called you over the years? Please share in the comments below!