Review and Giveaway: Prefense Foaming Hand Sanitizer (CLOSED)
I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am to have been given the opportunity to review Prefense Foaming Hand Sanitizer! As a parent I always have an emergency mini-bottle of hand sanitizer in my purse. It comes in handy in extreme situations (ie a public bathroom that is out of soap), but I try not to use it that often. My daughter is a thumb sucker so I wasn’t thrilled about putting the sanitizer on her hands and then her sticking her thumb in her mouth. Not to mention I’m not overly fond of the alcohol smell the sanitizer would give off and how every time I used it, it would dry out my hands. Keeping all of this in mind, it’ll be easy for you to see why I was ecstatic when I found out the following things about Prefense:
• No alcohol! Prefense is made of natural ingredients and has absolutely NO alcohol in it!
• Our technology protects you for 24 hours or 10 hand washings! This is what moms really love to hear about!
• Prefense is non-toxic and safe for kids! It will not hurt you if swallowed!
• Prefense is silica based which means it doesn’t dry out your hands like traditional alcohol sanitizers. It actually smooths and softens your hands. You can totally see this when you apply it!
• Prefense protects against staph, strep, E.coli, drug resistant MRSA strains, and more. We fight germs that other hand sanitizers can’t.
• Because “one spray lasts all day” our 1.5 oz Prefense Foaming Hand Sanitizer offers 120 applications, costing only $.08 per day, compared to $1.20 per day with alcohol hand sanitizers.
When I read about Prefense I literally thought it was too good to be true! NO alcohol, last 24 hours or 10 washings, it’s non-toxic, AND it can save me money?!? Can I get a case of that please???
Unfortunately, I didn’t get a case, but I did get a 1.5 oz bottle of the Foaming Hand Sanitizer to try. When I got the bottle of Prefense in the mail I tore open the package (yes I was that excited and yes I know I’m a dork…LOL) and immediately put on one “spray” of the sanitizer on my hands. The foam was light and had only the slightest clean smell to it. I was skeptical that only one “spray” would cover both of my hands, but it definitely did! Another thing that I loved was that my hands actually felt smooth and not the least bit dry.
Now I’ve only been using Prefense for about 2 weeks now, so I can’t really speak to it lasting 24 hours or 10 washes, but I have been putting it on my daughter and I every morning and will continue to do so. The ultimate test will be when she goes back to preschool in the Fall. Last year was her first year and our entire family spent the majority of winter sick. In fact I spent the first 2 months of this year sick. It was horrendous; I’ve never been that sick in my life. The mere fact that Prefense could keep all of us a lot healthier this Winter makes me extremely happy. I already know I will feel better sending my daughter off to school armed with hands that will fend off germs the entire time she is there! So like I said, I can’t tell you for sure if Prefense works as good as they say it does, but let me tell you this…if it does, I will be shouting from the rooftops for all to know. Just give me next Winter to be sure! 🙂
Okay, okay enough babbling about how excited I am to have found Prefense…let’s get to the good stuff. The wonderful people at Prefense have been kind enough to allow me to offer one big 8oz bottle which offers 640 applications! I’m jealous…that’s bigger than the bottle I got! LOL What’s awesome about the larger size is that with one spray lasting all day, that one bottle of Prefense could potentially last you almost 2 years!
Below are the different ways to enter the giveaway:
It’s so simple! All you have to do is leave a comment below and fill out your name and email in the contest entry form below and you are entered! Note: Leaving a comment is separate from filling out the form below. You have to leave an actual comment that will show up on the blog.
1. Follow Prefense on Twitter
2. Like Prefense on Facebook
3. Follow insignificant at best on Twitter
4. Like insignificant at best on Facebook
5. Sign up to receive emails from insignificant at best (worth 5 entries)
6. Vote for insignificant at best on Picket Fence
7. Sign up for Link Referral by going to www.linkreferral.com (you will need to either copy and paste the link into a new browser or manually type it, otherwise it won’t work) and review insignificant at best (20 entries and a review from me)
8. Follow me on Networked Blogs
Rules, Restrictions, and Miscellanious Information:
The giveaway is open to U.S Residents only. The Prefense giveaway will end on 7/2/11 at 11:59 p.m. EST and the winner will be picked using Random.org. The giveaway bottle of Prefense will be shipped directly to the winner.
[googleapps domain=”spreadsheets” dir=”spreadsheet/embeddedform” query=”formkey=dHAwelNyNzhyMDA0cnl0X3A3dk0xWXc6MQ” width=”760″ height=”962″ /]
If you don’t end up winning the giveaway or can’t wait to get your hands on Prefense Foaming Hand Sanitizer there are a few different ways you can order it:
1. You can go directly through the Prefense site, which can be found here. The best part is, ordering through them will save you money compared to other retailers! Who can argue with that? Also, they have other Prefense products that you can choose from, like their Prefense Handwipes. These come in handy when you’re eating out and want to clean up the table for your toddler or if you need to disinfect something in your home!
2. Another great place to buy Prefense is at Amazon. This especially comes in handy if you have an Amazon gift certificate. 🙂
In closing I’ll leave you with a few reasons why Prefense Hand Sanitizer is way better than any other hand sanitizer…
If you have any questions regarding Prefense, just ask in the comments below! If I don’t know the answers I will ask my contact at Prefense and get back to you ASAP! Good luck!!!!
Disclaimer: This giveaway is sponsored by Prefense, no monetary compensation was given to me for hosting the review and giveaway. I was given a 1.5 oz bottle of Prefense Hand Sanitizer in exchange for my review. The views and opinions expressed in this review are purely my own.