Top 5 TV Shows of All Time
Well in my opinion anyway. LOL
Those of you who’ve been reading my blog for awhile know that I’m a pop culture freak (if you don’t you haven’t been paying attention 😉 ). In light of this I thought I’d share with you my top 5 tv shows of all time (in order) and then hopefully you’ll share yours too!
1. Veronica Mars: Insanely well written, especially season 1. Some of the best characters to ever grace my tv screen! If you never watched this show, and you probably didn’t cuz it only lasted for 3 seasons, you missed out! I’m still waiting for the movie creator Rob Thomas promised the fans. I’d definitely be in line opening night.
2. The Cosby Show: To this day hardly any family comedy holds up as well as this one. Clare and Cliff Huxtable are one of the best written married couples of all time. They had their trials and tribulations, but in the end they were madly in love with each other. Even with all of their kids and their pressing jobs, they still managed to find time for each other. Also, from the shows the family put on for the grandparents, to the hysterical friend of Rudy’s who wouldn’t talk and always ran away when they got in trouble…this show was full of laughs and heart. In fact it contains one of my all time favorite tv episodes. Does anyone remember when Theo thought he could easily afford to live in the real world, so his family decided to turn their home into the real world? Love it! Such a creative and funny way to get a point across to the viewing audience. Mind you these are the pre-older niece comes to stay with the family days (can’t think of her name for the life of me…lol).
3. Bones: It is a rare occasion that I can honestly say that I like every single character on a tv show. The actors and writing on this show are just phenomenal. I want to say that Booth is my favorite because he’s so gallant. He’s the tough guy with the soft core, who doesn’t feel like he is loveable, but then I look at Bones or Sweets or Angela or Hodgins, etc. and I can think of a million reasons to love each one of them too! Easily one of the best procedural shows ever on TV.
4. The X-Files: Though is should’ve ended when David Duchovny left the show. This still stands out as one of greatest sci-fi shows ever. I love how the show starts with Scully being sent to debunk Mulder’s work and how he gradually proves to her that things like “loss of time” and aliens do exist. Not to mention that the “Cigarette Smoking Man” was one of the best villains ever. I didn’t watch the first few seasons of The X-Files and I remember one holiday season FX did a back to back run of every episode in the series. I think I watched 6 in a row and taped the rest. I became completely addicted. Also, the show is one of the few that was able to successfully take it to the big screen. Even several years after the show had ended X-Files: I Want to Believe did well.
5. Cheers: Another funny show that still stands the test of time. Even when Shelly Long left and Kirstie Alley took her spot, the show didn’t skip a beat. Nothing makes me smile more than Carla’s crazy superstitions, the friendly “NORM!” you hear every time he walks through the door and sits on his usual stool, or the crazy stories that Cliff would tell. The show is a classic and always will be.
Honorable Mentions (in no particular order):
2. Arrested Developement (this came extremely close to edging out Cheers)
4. Brothers & Sisters (soooo angry this show has been cancelled without a proper goodbye!!!)
Okay it’s your turn! I’m sure many don’t agree with me, so what is your top 5? I’d love to hear them! 🙂
I have edited this post because I missed one of my all time favorite shows, that at the very least deserves an honorable mention, if not the 5th spot in my top 5. Six Feet Under is by far one of the most unique and amazing shows I have ever seen. Everybody on this show was so amazingly talented and it’s series finale is the best and most satisfying ever. The last 5 mins or so set to Sia’s Breathe Me will always be etched in my mind.
Also, I was was writing the above I realized I forgot another honorable mention…Alias. Can you tell I’m a TV addict?!? LOL
This post was written for the Ultimate Blog Challenge.